Rule one in book publishing (where I worked for ten years) is: promote your own book, because nobody else will do so with as much energy and commitment. So, sorry to be brash, but please note the following:
Today I received printed copies from its publisher, SUN, of Plan B – the Dutch version of my book In The Bubble; (the latter was published by MIT Press in 2005).
For the Dutch and all the other language versions mentioned here, I reduced the original text to 45,000 words – but also added five new chapters. on: Sustainability; Metrics; Food; Development; and Telepresence.
Here are three ways you can help Plan B reach sustainability champions:
a) send the name and co-ordinates of Dutch-speaking journalists, bloggers and thought-leaders (to whom you think we should send a free review copy) to Marlies Dijkstra; her address is m.dijkstra at uitgeverijsun dot nl
b) go to the SUN website and order copies for all your Dutch-speaking friends in The Netherlands and around the world. If you are a sustainability champion within your company, university, city, or government department, consider ordering 100 or more copies for a discount, and send copies to your colleagues;
c) announce on appropriate mailing lists that the book is available
Here again is the French edition translated by Anne Despond-Barre and published by Marc Partouche for Cite du Design Editions.
Next is the Italian edition translated by Niels Betori and published by Pier Paolo Peruccio for Allemandi.
Here, below, is the Portuguese language edition published in Brazil by Marcelo Melo at Virgilia and available from Saraiva.
And in In the Bubble was also published in Polish by Wydawnictwo SWPS Academica.
You might also like:
- How to be global, and great, without traveling While I’m away, would you help me promote these new...
- From facades to flows: book launch in Venice A short final reminder that the Italian edition of In...
- Wouldn’t a free Dott Manual be great? What could life in a sustainable region be like –...
- Virtual Platform (Advice to Dutch government on new media policy, 2000-2003) Doors of Perception served until 2006 as a member of...
- Buy this book now! Worldchanging: A User’s Guide for the 21st Century will be...